RS Software Lab Forum
You are not logged in. Please Register or Login.

Posted: Mar 16, 2012 3:15:09 am
tibby

As the NHL enters its final two weeks of play, Vancouver Canucks centre Henrik Sedin finds himself leading the leagues elite players as he stands in first place on the NHL scoring list. Authentic Marques Colston Jersey . With 101 points in 75 games this season, including 28 goals and 73 assists, Henrik currently leads a pair of former Art Ross Trophy winners in Alex Ovechkin (100 points) and Sidney Crosby (94 points).  Sedin has already joined a prestigious collection of three other Canucks who have broken the 100-point mark, a group made up of Pavel Bure, Alexander Mogilny and Markus Naslund. While the lofty ranking is impressive to most, Henrik is more impressed by another aspect of his game. "Doing it without cheating a lot defensively I think its where our line has done the best job," explained Henrik. "Its not like were having two points a night and were minus two or three. Were doing it without costing us defensively. Thats something I think were the most proud of." Bure is the only other Canucks player has ever won a major NHL award, taking home the Calder Cup trophy in 1992. The franchise does have two Coach of the Year award winners, and the man with one of them thinks the best course of action right now is to downplay Sedins run at the scoring title. "I think for everyone including Henrik it would be a real great thing, but I think him and us right now are probably trying to deflect it a little bit to let him play," said Canucks head coach Alain Vigneault, who won the Jack Adams award in 2007. Henrik may be benefitting from the fact that Ovechkin has missed 10 games this season, but of the NHLs top five scorers, only Sedin is playing fewer than 20 minutes per game. The others are averaging at least two minutes more per contest. Regardless, Henrik isnt keeping a close eye on how his competition is faring at the top of the scorers list. He is much more concerned with leading the Canucks towards a Stanley Cup title.  "There are five or six games per night so its nothing that I really focus on," said Henrik. "Weve been playing a lot of games lately, so when youre off I think you try to stay off hockey. "In the long run I think its better to feel fresh going into the big thing which is the playoffs, so I think our main focus is that." -With files from TSN Reporter Farhan Lalji Elton Brand Jersey . Federer, seeking his fourth title in a row at the Indian Wells Masters Series tournament, received treatment for blisters at the end of the first set and looked sluggish throughout the match. Authentic Chris Bosh Jersey . "I am truly excited to be joining the Canucks," said Sundin in a team statement. "Once I made the decision to return to play a few weeks ago, the Vancouver opportunity was simply the best overall fit. Chris Paul Jersey . The 35-year-old veteran has missed the last 16 games after suffering an undisclosed injury on January 4 at Phoenix. Moreau, who also missed 17 games after breaking his right hand in October, has only posted a goal and five points in 23 games this season. David Backes Jersey . As per team policy, no financial terms were disclosed. The 30-year-old Bard batted .202 with one home run and 16 runs batted in over 57 games for the Padres in 2008. Chris Andersen Swingman Jersey . Oakland was dealt its fifth consecutive defeat on Sunday, dropping a 4-0 decision to fellow American League West member Anaheim in the finale of a three-game set. The Athletics mustered a mere four hits off Angels hurler Joel Pineiro and were shut out for the second time in three days. RED DEER, Alta. -- Defending champion Amber Holland and B.C.s Kelly Scott were living up to their billing as favourites early at the Canadian womens curling championship. Holland and Scott topped the standings at 3-0 after the opening weekend of the Scotties Tournament of Hearts. "A good start is always what youre looking for and chalking up the wins when you can get them," said Scott, a Canadian champion in both 2006 and 2007. Both skips executed rescue shots to stay undefeated Sunday night. Scott drew through a port to score three in a 9-8 win over Ontarios Tracy Horgan. B.C. won all three of their games in the final end. "Itll make us battle tough," Scott said. Albertas Heather Nedohin had Hollands team from Saskatchewan on the run in the final end. Holland executed an in-off -- rolling off one of her own stones in the eight foot rings to the button -- to score two in a 6-5 win. "Youve got to make the shots when it counts," Holland said. "We practise a lot of hitting quarters of rocks, thirds of rocks, halves of rocks, just knowing what weight to throw and what spot to put the broom." Canada and B.C. meet Monday morning in a matchup of the only unbeaten teams left in the field. Ontario, Manitobas Jennifer Jones and Saskatchewans Michelle Englot were tied at 2-1 ahead of Kerry Galusha of Yukon and Northwest Territories and Quebecs Marie-France Larouche at 2-2. Jones, a four-time Canadian champion, is also considered a favourite to win the Scotties again. Her Winnipeg team took their first loss, falling 8-6 to Alberrta earlier Sunday. Karl Malone Jersey. "They played great and they deserved to win that game," Jones said. "Hopefully well pick it up tomorrow and play a little bit better." Nedohin had the support of 5,200 at the Enmax Centrium behind her against Manitoba, but the hosts werent able to get another victory against Holland at night. Alberta dropped to 1-2 alongside New Brunswicks Rebecca Atkinson. "I would prefer to be 3-0, wouldnt we all?" Nedohin said. "What we do look at is how were playing. Were playing well as a team and I think we have a couple of areas we can improve on." Heather Strong of Newfoundland and Labrador and Kim Dolan of Prince Edward Island were 1-3. Nova Scotias Heather Smith-Dacey finished third at last years Scotties in Charlottetown, but opened this tournament with three losses. There were questions about the compete level of the Holland team coming into the Scotties. They won only $900 in five World Curling events last fall and their games since January were limited to the Continental Cup. But Holland, third Kim Schneider, second Tammy Schneider and lead Heather Kalenchuk have demonstrated early in the tournament that theyre a threat to repeat. "Were focusing on what were doing out there," Holland said. "What jacket we wear is just part of why were here. "Theres more than just winning three in a row to wear the Maple Leaf well. Theres a lot to do with how you put your persona on the ice and what we do with our team. I think weve worn the Maple Leaf well all year." ' ' '